Fees & Policies
My fee is $200 per session when a client prefers to pay for the sessions themselves or else when a client has insurance that I accept out of network (see "for out of network coverage" below to learn how to inquire about these benefits from you insurance company).
Forms of Payment
Cash, check or Venmo accepted for payment at each session. Venmo would apply for remote sessions. If you have reservations about using Venmo I will address them when we speak.
I accept certain insurance in network and certain insurance out of network.
I accept the following health insurance in network:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
I accept the following out of network:
- United Health Care
- United Health Care Oxford
If you do not see your insurance listed above, please contact me because I may be in network with your insurance company even though it is not listed.
Knowing your Benefits
Although I would be confirming your benefits and eligibility, I advise that you be aware of your own mental health coverage. You would call the toll free member services phone number on the back of your insurance card, choosing the option about benefits and ask the following questions:
For in network coverage:
- Does my plan cover outpatient mental health?
- What is my co-payment per session, if any?
- Do I have to meet a deductible? If so, what is the deductible and how much has already been met? Once I meet the deductible, what co-insurance would I owe?
- My insurance is for a job I just started. When does the coverage begin?
- Is there a maximum number of sessions per year that my health insurance covers?
- Do routine outpatient mental health services have to be authorized? Can I have a authorization number or does the therapist have to call for it?
- Do I require a referral from my primary care physician for outpatient mental health services?
For out of network coverage:
- Do I have out of network benefits for mental health?
- What are the terms of my out of network coverage for outpatient mental health?
- Expect to hear a deductible amount that you would have to meet and once met, the "co-insurance" or amount per visit that is the responsibility of the insurance company (ask them for the dollar amount since this is usually expressed as a percentage).
Please feel free to contact me for further information by calling 212 920-6019.